WiFi-enabled wake-up lamp workshop, Friday April 23 at 7:30pm.
Join us for this workshop on making your own WiFi-controlled LED wake-up lamp. Based on the popular ESP32 microcontroller and a strip of RGB LEDs, this workshop will walk you through the steps of creating a light based alarm clock. This is an online event. Supplies should be purchased from our materials list below prior to the event. This lamp can be used for a number of IoT projects that use full-color programmable LEDs.
Sign up at our Eventbrite page.
Materials for workshop:
For this online workshop you can buy the supplies through Amazon. By using the links below you also help support our space. Many of the items below come in packs of multiples but you only need the amount listed here for the project if you already have any of these items
- 1 ESP-32S development board $8.69
- 1 RGB LED strip 10.99
- 1 470 ohm resistors $5.57
- 4 inches of 22awg solid hook up wire Telephone wire will also work.
- Mini solderless breadboard $6.59 This is a 6-pack but you only need one for the workshop.
- 3 Butt end wire connectors $7.99
- 1 Chinese take out box $9.91
- 1 Toilet paper tube - We’re hoping you have one of these around your house.